Re: Italian Language Coordinator

tirsdag 10. august 2004, 14:10, skrev Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> Maybe we could save some work and confusion by avoiding duplicates -- how
> about integrating both guides? What do you think?

I had to write down one of our "standard motivating speeches" on motivating
newcomers to the joint effort with Skolelinux/Debian Edu. My speech is a
kind of: This is what we expect from you :-) [1]. The "Contribute to
Skolelinux" is more of a: This is how you can proceed [2].

[1] http://developer.skolelinux.no/artikler/join_the_skolelinux_effort.html
[2] https://www.skolelinux.org/portal/contribute/

When cutting what seems to be redundance, you also cut away the point of
views that's different in the two documents :-). So when working with this
kind of media and people that want to contribute, redundance has it's own
value. People can choose their own motivation. Somebody likes what I said,
or not said. Others like a totally other perspective.

To get more than one perspectives is a good thing when a lot of people work
together. They don't even need to agree with each other. People can
contribute where the seems it would be best :-). More people that does
that, also help others to get more possibilities in life. When making an
arena where a lot of people with different views can meet, it's more likely
to meet somebody who has the same interest, and could cooporate together in
a joint effort. So it's plenty of times where redundance is a necessity,
even if it produces more work with e.g. translating web-pages to different
languages :-).

I believe we all need this "what we expect" kind of speeches once in a
while. One of them is this speech from Bruce Perens about why we have to
fight against patents. This was held on GUADEC 2004:

<http://skolelinux.no/~herman/vid/guadec/openstand/perens_norw-sub_190.avi>
12 MB
<http://skolelinux.no/~herman/vid/guadec/openstand/perens_norw-sub_54.avi>
4 MB