Re: mozilla that works

Gjermund Skogstad wrote:
| mandag 26. april 2004, 11:49, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:
|
|>On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:24:12AM +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
|>
|>>as some of you may or may not know, there is a problem with the mozilla
|>>packages that are availible for woody. I have tested different
|>>versions of mozilla.

|>>- There is a binary version availible on mozilla.org. This is a tar.gz
|>>  or some kind of installer package. This one is compiled with gcc 3.2
|>>I have taken the last one and built a package out of it.
|>
|>Another thing slightly related:
|> If you want to use java with this version of mozilla, you need a java
|>that are compiled with gcc3.2.
|>
|>I downloaded mine from
|>http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2r
|>e-1.4.2_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
|>
|>then, as root, I did a
|> cd /usr/lib
|> bash ~finnarne/j2re-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin
|> mv j2re1.4.2_04 j2re1.4
|> cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
|> ln -s /usr/lib/j2re1.4/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
|>
|>How was the licensing for j2re, are we allowed to repackage j2re1.4 as
|>well ?
|>
|>--
|>Finn-Arne Johansen
|>faj@bzz.no
|>http://bzz.no/
|

| I've earlier not been to shure about this, but when I just now
reviewed the
| docs once more, I feel confident that we're allowed to do so given two
| conditions:
| 1. We build our package from the unmodified binary-package served out
from
| sun's web-site.
| 2. We stay away from the development-kit! The agreement we've got with
Sun is
| on the matter of distributing JRE (sorry, no pre-installed javac or
javadoc).

| Please take a look at the docs, especially numbers 4, 5 and 6:
| http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages_appendix/

Quite interesting!

Please discuss that with debian-legal@lists.debian.org - I am certain
you are not the first to read those documents, and not the first with an
interest in Java as an official Debian package.

'cause "we" does mean Debian, right?

~ - Jonas

- --

~ - Enden er nær: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm
begin:vcard
fn:Jonas Smedegaard
n:Smedegaard;Jonas
org:IT-guide dr. Jones
adr:;;Munksoegaard 3;Roskilde;;4000;Denmark
email;internet:dr@jones.dk
title:Internet Architect
tel;work:+45 40843136
tel;home:+45 40843136