mozilla that works

as some of you may or may not know, there is a problem with the mozilla
packages that are availible for woody. I have tested different
versions of mozilla.

- To most people, mozilla 1.0.0 is to old and outdated.
  One problem is that the DOM-editor from among classfronter does not
  work
- There are backports from varoius sources, but none of them work with
  the DOM-editor. This is due to some problems with either gtk or gcc.
  Recent mozilla's need gcc >= 3.0 or maybe 3.2 to compile.
- There is a binary version availible on mozilla.org. This is a tar.gz
  or some kind of installer package. This one is compiled with gcc 3.2

I have taken the last one and built a package out of it.

Package and source is availible for now at
 http://ftp.skolelinux.no/~finnarne mozilla/

The package named is mozilla-binary.
please provide feedback on the name.

For now there is only English availible. I hope to include
nb,nn,fr,de,es locales later.

Because of the nameing It will have a hard upgrade path to sarge,
Another thing that will make it hard is the fact that the package
provides mozilla 1.6, and only 1.5 is availible in sarge. sid provides
1.6-5, and candidate is 11 days old. The reason for not entering sarge
is: "Updating mozilla makes 2 depending packages uninstallable on
alpha: epiphany-browser, galeon"

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no