Re: Not a discussion list?

Le mer 03/03/2004 à 11:55, Sajith VK a écrit :
> Hello,
> 	Freeduc is popular here. Recently one Indian
> Linux magazine,("Linux for you") distributed freeduc-cd
> with there magazine.
> Cobaco pointed me to skolelinux english pages. We are
> seriously looking at it. One problem I faces with
> skolelinux is that its based on Kde, but gnome is
> suggested in our curriculum.

Don't worry about kde or gnome Desktop. After Skolelinux is installed
you can install Gnome 2.2 backported packages. I am using it actually
with 3 thin clients - connected with a 10Mbs link - open to public
access to browse in our library database and in the Internet, and so far
so good.

What Markus said about Gnome been not kind with X traffic was true with
version of Gnome < 2.0. A lot of effort has been done in this area
since.

However I have not conducted test in large scale area with Gnome 2.2 in
production. If you can do so and let us know about it, it will be a very
valuable contribution. But may be some other users have done so (Klaus
Johnstad ?)

Best regards,

Hilaire