Re: ltsp-usb

Ole Bendik Kvisberg skrev:

Ragnar Wisloff <ragnar@skolelinux.no>:
Did you make it run just of the box?

I'm not 100% sure but I remember starting a local console on the client
to debug something, and I think devfs fooled me in the beginning.

I was able to access the pen having restarted floppyd with the devfs-device after having changed manually the permissions. But after removing and reinserting the pen no access was possible.

So I wonder if it is correct for floppyd to use the static /dev/sda1 or whatever device, perhaps the correct device is the devfs one. And possibly floppyd does not handle devfs very well.

I ended up using something like /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
and had to add mtools_skip_check=1 to mtoolsrc.  (we needed the floppy
drive, so I kinda stopped here, but i worked)

OK, I'll try that, thanks for the tip. That devfs device is what I had in mind.

Have you tried to mount the usb storage using the mount command on the
thin client?

Yes. It mounts fine manually in the shell.

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff