ltsp-usb

I've tried in vain to make the ltsp-usb by Hilarie Fernandes work. The package is installed, the necessary lines added to lts.conf as documented in man (8) ltsp-usb.

Starting the client in runlevel 3 I can see the usb pen is recognized and initialised. floppyd is running on the client with flags "-d /dev/sda1". This device has rw for others.

However, when starting X and trying to run MToolsFM to access the pen, the pen cannot be accessed. On first access the diagnostics window at the bottom og mtoolsfm says

floppyd_io: Input/output error

On subsequent accesses it says

Permission denied, authentication failed!
Auth failed: Device locked!
Drive 'A:' not supported
Cannot initialize 'A:'

Using mdir a: from the command line gives the same result.

In /etc/mtools.conf I have
drive a: file="/dev/fd0" exclusive
drive b: file="/dev/fd1" exclusive
drive m: file="/var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first" partition=1 offset=128
drive n: file="/var/lib/dosemu/fdimage"

And in /etc/mtoolsfm.conf
DRIVES="a"
LEFTDRIVE=" "
RIGHTDRIVE=" "
MPATH="/usr/bin"

My ~/.mtoolsfm is identical to /etc/mtoolsfm.conf

I've played a little with ~/.mtoolsrc, but nothing seems to change the behaviour.

Has anybody been able to make this work reliably?

Any suggestions welcome.

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff