Re: weekly report week 44

Done last week:

 - Trimmed more fat from the debian-edu sarge CD (hmm, and from the debian
   sarge CD), getting it back to working state. Although now it seems
   it's broken again..
 - Gathered a list 13 people interested in testing security, based on all my
   past work contacting people.
 - Set up subversion repository for the secure-testing project on alioth.
 - Generated a list of all the CAN's, cross-referenced to the DSAs.
 - Processed several hundred of the CANs myself, checking them to see what
   version of the package fixed the security hole in Debian. This was to
   prime the pump.
 - Posted an announcement to debian-security about forming a security team
   for testing, and inviting people to get started by checking CAN
   advisories.
 - With the team, processed all of the CAN advisories from 2004.
 - Completed final d-i initrd builds. (Except we found a few more bugs so
   maybe they won't be.)
 - Began testing final d-i release.

Plans for this week:

 - Fix wantedpkglist.txt generation and thus the contents of the sarge CD.
 - More testing security team work and CAN processing (2003, mid 2002).
 - Add some automated tests of debian-edu using the new test system.
   But first, I have to figure out some way to do preseeding of debian-edu
   installs..
 - Work on RC bugs on debian-edu packages.

General TODO list:

 - Assign bugs in the Debian BTS for the items listed in
   http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2004/03/msg00017.html
   (After verifying/reproducing them).
 - Read over the new English translation of the drift book.
 - Register/tickets for Jan dev meeting
   http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/delprosjekt/opplegg_utviklertreff_2005-01.txt

--
see shy jo