Re: Sarge-based Debian-edu

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:43:34PM +0200, Harald Thingelstad wrote:
> On man, 2004-10-04 at 23:30, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> > An otherone that I build whenever I make some changes to some package
> > of some sort.
> >  rsync -vtessh ftp.skolelinux.no:~ftp/cd-sarge/sarge-i386-bzzware.raw
> >  ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-sarge/sarge-i386-bzzware.raw
> > To the later I also releases a description document with things I find
> > that we need to fix [2]. This document is updated as things move along,
> > and I have my own little script that I use to build the CD with.
> Could you provide a file, giving short descriptions of the differences
> between each of these images? What is being fixed, what is introduced
> etcetera.

Please look at the CVS in debian-edu (not sure if it's availible from
http though)

> It would help a lot.
> I've done one installation of an image (the 13th of last month), and
> right after the install I discovered the image (and document) was
> updated.

You could also take a look at the changelog for my document, and
actually se whats changed.

> Found some corrections I could do to the document, but since I didn't
> know what had happened with the new image you'd just released, I didn't
> know if this was needed or not. Unsure of what to do with this, no
> bother.

Well, I tries to update the Document whenever I release a new image,
but frankly, getting the things to work is enough work, I think.

> Can't promise much testing, but at least you'll need to provide help to
> prospective testers not following this case as much as you do.

Well, most people dont bother to read the document, but that's their
choice. You see the todo list of things that has changed. So basically,
get the document for you version of the CD, and see if things has
changed.

> I'd like to see a working, stable Sarge-based Debian Edu too, but can't,
> for fear of instability when I'm gone and can't fix it.

Well, better pay someone for having this thing working then :)

but Why do you mail me in private ? Didn't your mailer tell you to
reply to the list ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no