Re: bandwidth throttling LTSP machines.

* Gavin McCullagh <gavin@fiachra.ucd.ie> [041006 17:00]:

> Hi,
>
> We run thin clients similar to ltsp in college.  Video apps (xine, mplayer,
> goom, screen savers, flash, java, vmware! ...) can cause mayhem.

at the aKademy i learnt about the kiosk tools

kiosk tools allow to define, what application pupil can start or
configure. It is an textfile, a profile which a user can not
change.

kiosk is working in KDE 3.2 so it will be in sarge.

i propose an exchange of kiosk profiles between teachers, admins, schools.

http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2004081202326INKESW

Regards/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt
--