Re: skolelinux bug: KDE can't log in, $HOME not writable

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:35:27PM -0700, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> I just installed skolelinux 1.0 in a VMware to try it, and selected the
> standalone profile.  When I try to log into the user account created
> during installation, KDE prints a dialog saying that it can't log me in
> since $HOME is not writeable.

That is really strange, since the standalone profile does not use a
separate $HOME. The standalon profile uses _only_ one /
(root-partition) and one swap partition. You may add your own /home if
you like, but that is an option.

> I'd call that a grave bug.  Where should it be filed?

Yes it would be a grave bug, but I would ask you to look things over, and
see if there is something else that may cause your problem.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no