weekly report week 36

Done last week:

 - Fix ACPI fan support in d-i for 2.6 kernels.
 - Continued working on updating d-i to the 2.6.8 and 2.4.27 kernels.
 - Modified many parts of d-i to better support preseeding.
 - Contacted Christian Kuelker about debian-edu website setup. (Haven't
   heard back yet.)
 - Implemented dependency resolution amoung udebs in the d-i image build
   process. Fixed various bugs including cd-drivers floppy's pcmcia support.
 - Several partman fixes, tried to keep it working.
 - Dealt with several RC bugs, though less than I had hoped to.
 - Set up remotely accessible ia64 d-i test system.
 - Continued tracking status of security holes in sarge. Almost all
   security holes with DSAs are now fixed in sarge.

Plans for this week:

 - Try to add basic support for USB network adaptors to hw-detect.
 - Fix debian-history FTBFS.
 - Fix partan-reiserfs.
 - Work on RC bugs on debian-edu packages.
 - Read over the new English translation of the drift book.
 - I'd like to begin checking all recent CAN numbers to see if those
   security holes are fixed in sarge, but this is such an enormous task
   that I'm hesitant to begin (could take weeks).

General observations: There was more d-i work than I'd hoped to do this
week, largely because it kept breaking in ways which prevented me from
working much on later stages of the debian-edu install.

--
see shy jo