Re: Bug 807 (double SIDs)

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:33:17PM +0200, Patrick Willam wrote:
> Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > * Andreas Schuldei (andreas@schuldei.org) [040809 14:07]:
> >>- fix (together with finnarne) the samba ldap structure
> >
> > spend a day on that to learn that no fix was expected and that
> > the germans had not even bothered to supply us with further
> > information yet.
>
> Why is no fix expected?

Because I cant guess what goes wrong And when I try to reproduce the
error, no error occurs

> Except the list of usernames itself I have given all
> information that we had/have in the IRC-Session on 2004-08-02.

Do you have a log of that. Also I would like to know how you added the
usernames. If you have used some custom scripts, you are really on your
own, but please post them, so that we might reproduce the things.

> Bug #807 is closed because of "no proper error report".
> Do I have to attach the whole userlist to the bug and
> the whole console-messages from trying to create this
> accounts (more than 250K) ?

Well, since things dont break when we use wlus to import the users, I
can't reproduce the errors. So Yes, We need the whole error list.
Either send it to me, or to Andreas, but do not post the whole userlist
with so-called encrypted samba passwords.

> I am not a newbie, but I really dont know what qualifies
> for "a proper error report" in this case.

We need the error report, please post them if you have them
I think you used some other tool to add the users.

Also, I have a feeling that there might be some userid's/groupid's that have
caused this, so therefor I need the userlist.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no