Re: AND - auto nice deamon

Le dim 08/08/2004 à 23:08, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> [Ralf Gesel|ensetter]
> > have there been any considerations about activating AND besides scripts like
> > nightkill and logoutkill by default?
>
> Nope, not as far as I know.  Sounds like a nice package to include.
> It doesn't solve the problem solved by nightkill and logoutkill
> (leftover processes), but it does make sure long-running processes are
> properly niced. :)
Yes, and that's why I use it on all my thin-clients setups with success
for years now[1].

> I installed it on developer.skolelinux.no, so we can gain some
> experience with it.  I suggest you submit a wishlist bug against the
> debian-edu package proposing to add it to the education-server or
> another more appropriate package.
>
> Looking at the version in woody, I see a potential improvement.  The
> init.d script could fetch values from /etc/default/and.  This should
> make it possible to modify the command line argument for and without
> having to edit the init.d script.
And what do you think could be put in that file.

> It would also be nice if the package used multilevel configuration,
> fetching the default from a file in /usr/share/, and overrides from a
> file in /etc/.
I see, you already think about some programs you know sometimes go
bersek. Maybe it would be even more interesting if some packages could
put something in AND's config file and reload it?

My sponsor uploaded the new package (I'm taking over AND) this morning
for me.
Feel free to submit wishlist bug reports in the BTS ;-)

--
Jérôme Warnier
Consultant