Re: LVM Tools / GUI

On Friday 30 July 2004 10:16, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Thomas Templin]
>
> > Are there any plans integrating tools like evms to debian-edu /
> > skolelinux http://evms.sourceforge.net/
> > I had a short look on evms, seems it could be a tool for LVM / SW-RAID
> > maintainance.
>
> No imediate plans, no.  We limit ourself to the features available on
> the default kernel, so this would have to be delayed until we use the
> 2.6 kernel.  EVMS is missing in the 2.4 kernel as far as I know.
Yepp, you are right if we are talking about woddy.

But LinuxTag Sarge comes along with 2.6 kernel, and 2.4 of course.
So it might be interesting for Sarge.

Most people are somewhat confused / irritated if it comes to LVM and rezising
thats what I seee every day.

IMHO On the long run there has to be a 'easy to use' tool to du this. If not
we would loose a lot of the effort of easy administration in this place.

Bye,
TT