Needs for auto-generation of dhcpd.conf?

Dear developers and coordinators,

on our German list, user(at)skolelinux(dot)de, there is some people who
used to do some scripting for other German school servers, and both
want to share their knowledge and exhibit their skepticism against slx.

Anyway, there was a suggestion to have a script that uses dhcp.leases
(say after all thin clients have started once) to save the
administrator at install time typing N MAC-Addresses into dhcp.conf.

I am not too involved with the details - but is there any comments from
you? Have there been suggestions like that? Or even solutions?
Some guy on our list stands by impatiently to kind of get his mission...

Regards
Ralf