Re: international cooperation

mandag 12. juli 2004, 21:10, skrev Vedran Vucic:
> My name is Vedran Vucic and I am Preasident of the Board of an NGO
> (GNU/Linux Centre) in Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro that is committed
> to the promotion of free software.  However, we are engaged in schools
> too.  We would like to cooperate with you  in exchange of opinion,
> experience, opinion.

This is good news!

> Please feel free to contact me, since we should be really glad to
> establish cooperation with our colleagues in other countries.

I took the liberty to also send my answer to the debian-edu mailinglist :-)

We now working with getting more developers and users to join in on the
joint effort with Skolelinux[1]/Debian Edu[2]. There are probably more than
125 schools in Norway that has taken Skolelinux into daily use. It's also
60 schools[3][4] in Uganda, some in Germany and hopefully more will come.

Skolelinux is not only a Custom Debian Distribution. It's also a practical
work with exchanging user experiences[5] and how to introduce and operate a
free software solution in the schools.

There are also interesting movement in Spain and Brazil where they have
joined[6] in on the work with sharing their experiences with the
Debian-community. Se more about this in on the website to Extremadura[7]
and some information about Telecentros[8] (hopefully I got the last link
corect).

Your people should join use at this mailing-list :-)

http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianEdu

[1] http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/
[2] http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ch-inside.en.html
[3] http://www.tectonic.co.za/default.php?action=view&id=305&topic=Linux