Re: Fwd: [slx-www-int] Download area

On Friday 02 July 2004 21:38, Alex Brasetvik wrote:
> About donations and regional Skolelinux teams.

[...]
May I add some suggestions which might be interesting from a more Debian point
of viev.
It may occur that people will mention that shipping costs only for one
Skolelinux CDR are too expensive.
So it might be interesting to think about offering Debian Sarge DVD's like
Debian did at LinuxTag Karlsruhe. The LinuxTag DVD Set will be an other
interesting offer which will help LinuxTag e.V. in Germany. And so is the
Debian Merchandise.

When thinking about adding Debian Sarge DVD, LinuxTag DVD's and other stuff we
are quite close to a Debian store.

I myself would prefer such an offer, could it be a way to bring all Debian
stuff to a wider audience. In my eyes it don't look good that you have to
seek for Debian CD's, Merchandise and others on different places.

A single "Debian market place" could be a way to which every Debian Project
could link to _and_ a way to represent the whole pallette of debian
"products" in one place.

And it will make it easier to cordinate cash bookings. If every project will
sale Debian Merchandise it wil be much more coordination which has to be done
for every singel project than doing this from one "Debian Market Place".

Stefan Richter from freiheit.com Germany has set up www.bookzilla.de which is
a shop for selling books and to donate a percentage to the FSF Europe.
Such a shop, for CD's and Debian Merchandise, might be a way where Debian
stuff could be saled.

I think time has come to think about this also under the aspect of Debian user
activation / motivation. Here in Germany and in Europe there are more and
more cities and counties, companies and private users which are using Debian
GNU/Linux.

Bye,
Thomas