Re: Some questions about translation

Aracnus <aracnus@skolelinux.no> writes:

> Hi dear Skolelinuxers,
>
> I'm coordinating the translation to Portuguese and have two questions
> about it. Here they go:
>
> - we have people here in Brazil doing the translation of many of the
> packages included in Skolelinux. But, on CVS I don't see these
> translations (for example, apt, under i18n/other, and many others). May
> I explicity include this translations on the CVS tree (as I done with te
> i18n/other/pt_BR) or do you have any "mirror" feature that automatic
> incorporate these translations on the CD version?

Having the translations in CVS is convenient for letting many
translators work on the files. There is always one person responsible
for sending finished translations upstream and syncing the version in
CVS with new versions. See i18n/CONTACTS for some information on how
we do this.

If it's useful for you to keep translations in Skolelinux CVS, then
please do. The applications on the CD that are from Woody are usually
so old that we don't work on them anymore. The translations in CVS are
generally for the most recent version.

Regards,
 Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes
 - one of the Norwegian coordinators