[Internal Projects] Re: PTS News & DebianEdu's future

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I meant of course a desktop configuration but only with
> education-related applications. This is what is/was the initial
> Debian-Education we did here in France.
This goal might be accomplished by the new menu system.  This should
handle role based menus.  I hope that we will hear some news about this
new menu system soon ...

I started to handle users for certain roles in the med-common package
which is easily adaptable for other internal projects.  May be we should
build a common package for all subprojects which does this in general,
but I would wait a moment here because I plan to integrate some stuff into
the adduser package with the next med-common package.

The reason is to offer the education related menus to those who should
be educated but administrators or teachers might need a different menu.

> > everything.  If it is to include everything, it is the Debian project,
> > not a sub-project.
>
> Bah, everything "education-related" fits with my view of Debian-Edu.
ACK.

Kind regards

        Andreas.