Athena Standards

A lot can be learned from the Athena Standards from MIT's uniform packaging
stuff.  Some specific things.

  System Specific Packages
    Choose specific often used educational workstations and develop
    easy setup packages ( like X11 configs, sound drivers, and whatever
    optimized specifically for that station ).
    This should also include Non intel platforms.

  Mebbe if we ever get bored...
    Most High Schools and grade schools in the US and south america
    (for sure probably elsewhere)
    can't afford decent linux admin staff.  Mebbe some customized
    (self updating ?)
    packages for samba, bind, firewalls.
    (previously stated)
    mebbe even Kerberos.
    ( though colleges would mainly benefit from this and they SHOULD have
    decent support staff even if this is not always the case. )
    Grading Databases for Professors?

Just some random thoughts.  Its kinda tough to shout out ideas and not follow
through with anything.  I know that most of the grade tracking software I have
seen doesn't synch well with a database.  So it's probably just wishful
thinking.  But, I felt it should be said.