Re: About metapackages

Hello,

Do we need to set a level metapackage? I am afraid it may be wrong most
of the time. But maybe something very large as you suggest in your last
idea will not be too bad ;). However concerning the suggestions you
made, I don't like the age range idea.

A random suggestion for the school levels:

Kindergarden
Primary
Secondary
University

About the domains, if it can help, here are the ones listed in the
Freeduc catalog (http://www.ofset.org/freeduc) :

Literature
History
Geography
Second language
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Sciences
Technology
Documentation
Games
Other
Audio

Hilaire

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:27:42 +0200
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have an initial set of metapackages quickly out of the door
> even if many modifications will be done later. However, I wouldn't like
> renaming any packages later ... so we must decide of the metapackages
> that we'll create.
>
> We have two distinctions to do :
> - the domain (math, languages, physics, etc.)
> - the required level (<12 years, >=12 and <=18 years, >18 years)

> I'm looking for good names for the distinction based on the level. We
> all know that the shool system differs much in all the countries so
> we must find something generic.
>
> The best I thought about is :
> low-level
> medium-level
> high-level

Low-level may suggest other idea, dont you?