Re: What do you want to do

Hi everyone,

  my name is matt joyce, I am a junior at manhattan college in riverdale new
york (kinda funny name for a school in riverdale) I work on an educational
grant as one of the streaming database developer, and I am currently involved
with distance learning developement for video conferencing on and off campus.

  basically I signed up to see what people were up to, and help out whenever I
could be helpful.  we switched all of the servers under our grants control to
debian over the summer for various reasons (the biggest being ease of kerberos
configuration).  so, It'll be neat to see what people come up with.  I'd like
to mainly focus my efforts on video conferencing and streaming packages for
udecational purposes.  It seems to be an area of developement right now that
linux is lacking in ( not looking for a flame war thats just my opinion. =P ).

  I will however not be very active for the next couple of weeks my dorms are
without phones and data connections because they're still new.  and at a 100 e-
mails a week this list is a little hard to keep up without the home access.

bleh, anyway enough of that.  great to see this list is so active, I'd love to
help out, and I am eager to see what everyone comes up with.  It's a great
project.

- matt joyce < matt.joyce@mc-titan.org >