Re: What do you want to do

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:45:15PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> after a week about 26 people are on this list. I'd like
> to know you better in order to try to organize the work
> as much a possible and in order to know where I have to
> make efforts.
>
> It would be great if each of you could respond (either
> privately or publicly if you prefer) to those questions :
>
> 1. Are you a debian developer ?

No.

> 2. If no, would you like to become a developer in order to
>    maintain some packages ?

Not at this point.

> 3. Do you have packaging skills/experience ?

I've put together an RPM once. ;)

> 4. If you're a Debian developer, are you willing to sponsor
>    people who packages educational software ?

N/A

> 5. Are you willing to write/translate documentation for educational
>    software ?

I have no secondary language skills - so I can't translate. :^/

> 6. What area in the big educational landscape are of special interest
>    for you (math, physics, biology, languages, etc.) ?

"Edutainment" for younger kids.  Basic life skills (reading clocks,
colors, shapes, numbers, letters, math) and basic computing skills
(using the keyboard, using the mouse, etc.)

> 7. Freetyle question. What else would you like to do within DebianEdu ?
>    What do you expect from DebianEdu ?

I see DebianEdu as being a 'drop in' installation which can be given to
schools (perhaps after some personalization; e.g., burn a CDROM with
K-3 level applications, and give to teachers of younger students;
burn another CDROM with 9-12 level ("high school") apps, and give to
high school teachers and students).

> 8. Are you part of other education-related projects ? What is your
>    position in those projects (leader, contributor, lurker, ...) ?

Tux4Kids(.org) - Lead developer of "Tux, of Math Command" ("TuxMath")
and Lead designer and developer of "Tux Paint"

I skim the SEUL/edu mailing list.

Some of my games (not really educational :^) ) are in DebianJr.

-bill!