Re: What do you want to do

On 2002.09.15 13:45 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hello everyone,

after a week about 26 people are on this list. I'd like
to know you better in order to try to organize the work
as much a possible and in order to know where I have to
make efforts.

It would be great if each of you could respond (either
privately or publicly if you prefer) to those questions :

1. Are you a debian developer ?
yes

2. If no, would you like to become a developer in order to
   maintain some packages ?
n/a

3. Do you have packaging skills/experience ?
yes

4. If you're a Debian developer, are you willing to sponsor
   people who packages educational software ?
yes

5. Are you willing to write/translate documentation for educational
   software ?
yes, thinking about trying to translate Mek, Xem and Lum to English. They also need to be packaged so perhaps I could do that too.

6. What area in the big educational landscape are of special interest
   for you (math, physics, biology, languages, etc.) ?
Scientific areas.

7. Freetyle question. What else would you like to do within DebianEdu?
   What do you expect from DebianEdu ?
Hopefully Debian-Edu will make it easier for me to deploy Linux in local schools.

8. Are you part of other education-related projects ? What is your
   position in those projects (leader, contributor, lurker, ...) ?
I've set up a webpage at freesoftwaresolutions.com. I'll add more info to it as time permits.

jos