Re: Terminal server under Debian-Edu

[Christian Selig]
> Auto-recognition is already mainly done. Some thing which i wanted
> to work on is auto-configuration on the server, which is not even
> that complicated.

We solved this in Skolelinux using two network cards on the LTSP
server.  One network interface connects to the outside world, and the
other connects to the LTSP clients.  Any client requesting an IP
address using the second network interface will get the required LTSP
client information.  The result is an LTSP server which work out of
the box.

We decided against using the same network for LTSP clients and normal
trafic to avoid blocking normal trafic with the LTSP trafic.

BTW: If you want to test the Skolelinux CD, fetch the images from
  <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/>.  Remember that the
  installation system will by design erase all partitions on all hard
  drives.  This is done to avoid asking questions about partition
  during installation.  I'm working on a more flexible autopartition
  system.