Re: Terminal server under Debian-Edu

Le Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 04:07:32PM -0300, Ben Armstrong écrivait:
> Stefan,
>
> First of all, let me say that this is Raphael's project, so I'm really
> looking to him to clarify where the project is heading in his own words.
> What follows is my opinion, based on my experience with Debian Jr.

Okay, here's my point of view.

DebianEdu's main goals are :
- package free software for education
- write documentation for those software
- provide installation medium (CD) that can be used by our "target users",
  this includes collaborating with the debian-installer project

That's the basis and that's where I'm going to lead our effort. But like
in any other free software project, I can't force anyone to do that and if
you're more interested in other goals and you want to develop them under
the DebianEdu umbrella, I'm happy to let you do that.

In a not too far future, Debian will have its own sourceforge like
website and we'll be able to create projects on the request. If you want
to develop new software, go for it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com