Re: guterslohn network address range

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:23:59PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> On Die, 28 Jun 2005, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > yes, indeed.
> > So I should prepare _two_ routers.  :-(
> >
> > I think there are other possiblities.
> > Which IP-networks are available on the GUT ethernet backbone?
>
> If to router runs Linux, its also possible to use the NETMAP module, which
> can map a complete Subnet to an other IP address range, e.g.
>
> 10.0.2.0/22 <-> 192.168.2.0/22
>
> to MAP established by the module is bidirectional..
>

> man iptables
> ->
>
>    NETMAP
>        This target allows you to statically map a whole network of addresses
> onto another network of addresses.  It can only be used from rules in the nat
> table.
>
>        --to address[/mask]
>               Network address to map to.  The resulting address will be
> constructed in the following way: All 'one' bits in the mask are filled in
> from the new `address'.
>               All bits that are zero in the mask are filled in from the
> original address.

Yes, but it can't solve a 10.0.2.0/22 <-> 10.0.2.0/22 situation.

Meanwhile I know there is a "guest network" 192.168.100.0/24 avaibele
at the Guterloh ethernetsegment.

Something else:
My incoming E-mail was broken last night ( 23:00 - 10:15 )
I could have missed your E-mails in that window.

All should be working again and this E-mail is to verify it.

Cheers
Geert Stappers