Re: guterslohn network address range

On Fre, 08 Jul 2005, Geert Stappers wrote:

> > > yes, indeed.
> > > So I should prepare _two_ routers.  :-(
> > >
> > > I think there are other possiblities.
> > > Which IP-networks are available on the GUT ethernet backbone?
> > If to router runs Linux, its also possible to use the NETMAP module, which
> > can map a complete Subnet to an other IP address range, e.g.
> > 10.0.2.0/22 <-> 192.168.2.0/22
> > to MAP established by the module is bidirectional..
> > man iptables
> >    NETMAP
> >        This target allows you to statically map a whole network of addresses
> > onto another network of addresses.  It can only be used from rules in the nat
> > table.
> >        --to address[/mask]
> >               Network address to map to.  The resulting address will be
> > constructed in the following way: All 'one' bits in the mask are filled in
> > from the new `address'.
> >               All bits that are zero in the mask are filled in from the
> > original address.
> Yes, but it can't solve a 10.0.2.0/22 <-> 10.0.2.0/22 situation.
sure it can, just map both or one network to an other address space.
after that normal routing should do

--
Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Florian Reitmeir                     http://net.multi24.com/

Josef-Schweinester-Str.1                              Tel: +43 526 266166
6412 St. Georgen / Austria                            Fax: +43 526 266166 -10