[sarge] Test of 'sarge-i386-1.raw' of 2005-04-14 (yyyy-mm-dd)

Hi,

I've just been doing some testing on the sarge-image of yesterday. I was
testing a sarge-lts against a woody-tjener.

Compared to sarge-pre01 some bugs are fixed:
- root login is possible again
- konqueror may access tjener-webmin

Bugs:
- Thin clients don't boot up, cause the boot-image isn't found.
Can be fixed by changing the '/etc/init.d/dhcp3.conf'
'/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.19-ltsp-1' to '/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-2'
(in the section 'shared-network THINCLIENTS' somewhere)

- After changing this, TC are booting but there X-Servers fails. In my lab
any machine didnot come up with the X-Server. the reason is unknown to me
until now.

- users cannot log in
the username and the password are known to the LTS which is already half of
the loan as we say in Germany, but the communication via DCOP does not seem
to work properly, so the $HOME-directory is not accessible; and there was an
error message asking whether the DCOPserver is running which was in fact
running at that time.

Does anybody know whether this is fixable by hand?

And then 2 questions:
- Is it possible to use the 'dhcp3.conf' of the woody-lts with this sarge-lts?
I presume yes.
- Is it possible to use the 'lts.conf' of the woody-lts with this sarge-lts?
I presume yes again.

Just tell me if I'm wrong but I will try this anyway.

Greetings
Stefan Padberg, Wuppertal