Re: [Debian-NYC] Wed, celebrating Debian's birthday?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 08:44:55AM -0400, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> Are you sure it has to be in Manhattan?  Most of the linux users I know
> live in Brooklyn!  Maybe the NYLUG could meet at PS!

PS is a great social place, but not a good meeting place for a
presentation-style event like NYLUG meetings; no projector, not near most
people's workplaces (relevant given when the meetings start), unpredictable
available space and ambient noise, possible illegality of attendance for young
people, etc. In any case, it's highly impossible to change NYLUG's meeting
place that drastically on one day's notice.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org