Re: [Debian-NYC] Wed, celebrating Debian's birthday?

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:56:25 -0400, Jeremy Baron <jeremy@tuxmachine.com> wrote:

> No one is suggesting TGIF; in fact just the opposite: we *don't* want
> to go to TGIF.

I took this as a suggestion of TGIF:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:37:19 -0400 (EDT), Jay Sulzberger <jays@panix.com> wrote:
> I am for a joint gathering.  And TGIF's is large enough so that
> occupying more than one table is not difficult.  It is difficult
> to find a good not expensive eating and drinking place near the
> IBM building at 57th Street and Madison Avenue on the Island of
> the Manahattoes.  But TGIF's is a known standard place, which is
> of advantage: people can find it, and many people have been to
> it, so these people know what to expect and can tell others.  I
> think we should not choose a different place unless it is less
> expensive and has better food and drink.

---

Previously you wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:21:31 -0400, Jeremy Baron <jeremy@tuxmachine.com> wrote:
> I'm also happy to go to Pacific Standard.

But now you aren't?  or are you saying that its fine with you but we
might not get as many non-debian people?  If this not getting as many
non-debian people at this proposed debian social event is the drawback,
I'm fine with it.

We have a bunch of debian people agreeing that they want to get together
and a place that many of them agree on.  I don't see why we shouldn't
just do it.  Any time we meet we are going to leave some people out.  If
people feel like "But I don't want to any debian social gathering" its
probably a sign that we should organize gatherings more often.

If you have a better suggestion besides "I'm no longer happy with the
place I said I'm happy with", then lets hear it.  But right now, Pacific
Standard seems like the option agreeable with the largest number of
people that have spoken up, and its getting comparitively late.

stew