Re: [Debian-NYC] BSP: other planning

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 02:09:26AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> == Tasks to delegate ==
>
> - Food chief
>   Order sponsored food, make sure it's sufficient, perhaps send off
>   some other big central orders.
>
> - Infrastructure chief
>   Think about wireless, setting up the mirrors, making sure we have
>   cables, and so on. (Clint and Lee ?)  Perhaps use the Debconf APs to
>   get multi-channels set up.

We have about 30 people signed up, so I think 45-50 power outlets
would be good to have (some people will have multiple things, and they
won't be perfectly spaced around).

--> Lee: how many power strips do you all have there?  Anyone else: if
you can bring some, please let me know.  (dkg, bringing your portable
lab kit?)

Ethernet cable: We'll want a fair amount, but don't need as much as we
power outlets since some people will use wireless.  We did OK in the
past here.  (dkg: your kit?)  Lee, do you think we'll need more
cables?  I think 10 long and 10 short will probably be more than
plenty.

What other infrastructure things (besides the wireless APs and perhaps
another hub or two) should we bring?

- Richard