[Debian-NYC] Open NY Summit Code-a-thon, at The Open Planning Project

Hi,

Brian and I are here attending the Open NY Summit, "Promoting Open
Government and Civic Technology in New York".

Tomorrow there will be a "code-a-thon", described as

<<Open NY was in part inspired by the Sunlight Foundation’s “Great
American Hackathon” which will take place in cities all over the U.S.
on December 12th and 13th.  At a code-a-thon, software developers pool
their efforts to build real technology solutions that enable new open
government practices.  If you’ve got a project in this space, and you
want to work on it together with some other smart people, then come on
down.>>

If more Debian people show up it would increase the synergy between
the Open Government crowd and us, which has similar interests from my
point of view.

The site for the event: http://opennyforum.org/2009/11/open-ny-summit-09/

You have to register at http://openny09.eventbrite.com/ (for free) but
I'm sure you can just show up if the site is closed.

(If you come down be ready to have me bugging you to sign my new GPG key ;-)

Cheers,

Pablo