[Debian-NYC] Bug squashing party information, January 2010

Hello everyone,

I've set up preliminary information about the BSP here:
  http://wiki.debian.org/BSP2010/NewYorkCity

Please add more information/help to clarify this page.

I haven't gotten all the location details hammered out yet, but that
should be soon.  I'll let you know once we can start sending this for
very wide distribution- should be in a few days.

What else do we need to think about now?

Below is the sponsorship blurb.

Thanks,

- Richard

==========

Sponsor the January 2010 Debian-NYC bug squashing party

Debian-NYC is looking for sponsors for a January 2010 bug squashing
party to be held in New York City[0].  Bug squashing parties[1] for
Debian are often held around the planet, with a goal of fixing release
critical bugs, helping to ensure a high-quality and timely Debian
release.

  [0] http://wiki.debian.org/BSP2010/NewYorkCity
  [1] http://wiki.debian.org/BSP

Sponsors are critical to ensuring that a more timely, and high
quality, Debian releases can be ensured.  Timely, high quality
releases are critical to businesses with large Debian deployments.
The improved Debian community will provide a strong base for
businesses which depend on Debian.  Debian is the base of other
important GNU/Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Knoppix.

By bringing people together in one location, the community can work
together more efficiently by educating each other, peer reviewing
fixes, and uploading fixed packages.  At the NYC bug squashing party,
there will be several small mini-workshops, teaching useful skills to
attendees.  Video of workshops will be provided.

Debian-NYC will encourage people to travel from the greater region to
attend this party, providing limited accommodation and food for
attendees.  Contributions will be used to provide said food.

Sponsors will be acknowledged in promotional materials for the event.
In addition sponsors will be listed on the event website, and the
DebianNYC page until the next event (typically for 2-3 months).

All Debian-NYC events are free and open to the public.  Sponsors are
welcome and encouraged to attend all events.  Sponsoring events and
encouraging employees to attend would be a great way to help both
Debian and your business and employees.

Donations may be made through Software in the Public Interest, a
501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, for tax deductibility purposes.
Please contact us for more information.

About Debian-NYC
----------------

Debian-NYC is an informal group of Debian users, contributors, and
developers in the greater NYC area.  It has existed as a social
organization for several years, and in 2009, began a program of
outreach and training workshops and events.  Debian-NYC is known for
bringing DebConf10, the annual Debian developer's conference, to New
York City in the summer of 2010.
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC/Workshops
  http://debconf10.debconf.org

Contact
-------

Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net>   (private sponsorship contact)
#debian-nyc on irc.debian.org  (internet relay chat)