Re: [Debian-NYC] Planning the January BSP

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 02:38:48PM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:

> First off, if you are reading this, please let us know what your
> availability is:
>   http://doodle.com/i6in94xs5dyixhgq

We should try to decide on a date.  From the poll, Jan 29-31st is the
most people can make it.  However, the weekend before is the Germany
BSP, with more than 30 (mostly DDs) it attendance, so they would
greatly reduce the supply of bugs to fix right before we got there.
We have fewer DDs so I presume that the remaining bugs would be harder
for us than for them.

We could:
- have our BSP the weekend before theirs (which wasn't polled)
- have our BSP the same weekend as theirs (slightly fewer people can
  attend, also we'll have less time to prepare for it, and it's no
  longer all in person)
- have our BSP the weekend after theirs (this is the "current" plan)
- have our BSP several months later, to have the easy bugs replenished
  (an idea from #debian-bugs)

I can't decide this myself- I don't know enough about BSPs.

Can everyone on the list, especially those with BSP experience, give
their thoughts on what they would do in terms of the BSP date?  (also,
Lee, is there a good/bad time for drop.io?)

Once we hear the opinions of the experienced bug squashers, we can
weigh the options, hopefully avoid Burdian's ass, and set the
weekend.

Thanks,

- Richard