[Debian-NYC] Planning the January BSP

Hello everyone,

So, it seems that there is a pretty good desire to have a large BSP
before the freeze next yet, I'll lay out what I see as the steps (and
how we can get help) to make it happen.

I think we should start planning on something big - we can always
scale it down later.  If we start small, less people get interested
and scaling up is harder.

First off, if you are reading this, please let us know what your
availability is:
  http://doodle.com/i6in94xs5dyixhgq

=====

Now, we get to more organizational details.  We don't need to do too
much immediately, besides getting the general ideas lined up.  Below
is brainstorming about different tasks people could take on to help
with things.

Overall lead
- I'll probably do this, but Debian-NYC shouldn't be synonymous with
  me.  If someone else every wants to be a lead of events (including
  this one), do it!
- Gets the reservations for space, ensure details get handled

Technical program
- It's a BSP, so we don't need nonstop workshops planned.  But it
  would be nice to have someone with good knowledge of RC bug
  squashing to help identify bugs suited to attendees, be sure people
  don't get stuck, and perhaps a tutorial session or two sometime
  during it.  It's up to you.

Sponsorship/Food
- We thought about trying to get some local companies to sponsor a
  little bit of food.  This person would handle getting the
  sponsorship and planning our food.  (They could be different
  people).

Registration/Accommodation/Attendee help
- We thought about encouraging people to travel to attend this BSP.
  This person would see about pairing up volunteers with couches with
  people (simple: just make a wiki list).  They could also help answer
  traveling or any other questions about attending.
- Someone should be outreach, advertising this to planet debian and
  other local groups, to encourage attendance.
- Also, if you could donate floor/couch space to someone visiting,
  that would be great, too.

Attendees
- Let's not forget the people who attend!  You all make it all worth
  it.  See doodle date poll above...

Each of these jobs alone isn't that much, and IRC will provide plenty
of help and guidance to make them happen.  They would be great places
for new people to jump in and help out some -- so pick one!  Ask on
IRC if you need convincing that it's not too much...

I will soon start looking into the preliminaries of finding the
location (thanks to Lee for offering drop.io again), a sponsorship
summary message, and dates.  Let's try to have a date decided by this
weekend.

If anyone has comments or ideas on any of these things, please let me
know.  Any other suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,

- Richard