Re: [Debian-NYC] Debian Workshops

At Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:30:38 -0400,
Richard Darst wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 01:55:41AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > At software freedom day last week, I started discussing an idea I have
> > which for now I'll call "Debian workshops".  The idea would be to
> > provide a way to spread knowledge, and to provide a place for
> > collaborative work.
>
> Lee, James, and any others who would offer a space.  Can you let me
> know (off-list is fine) what it's like?:

We have a conference room that can handle 10 people or so and then
another area with a couch for 3 and a table for 3 that we could pull
chairs into (or people could sit on the floor).  We could run power
and there is wifi.  We have a projector that could be set up.  It's
not an ideal space for large gatherings, but it works in a pinch and
is good for smaller groups.

No Debian mirror, though the squid cache has a lot of Ubuntu packages
in it.

Yes, you can bring in food.

Available after 6 in the week and on weekend days/eves.  Somebody from
the staff needs to be present at all times.