Re: [Debian-NYC] Next Debian-NYC Gathering

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:10:04AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Ah, that's true.  However, our usual place of Pacific Standard[0] is
> still pretty easy to get to - just one express subway train from Penn
> Station (or grand central) and you can get there (right near downtown
> Brooklyn).  I can provide all the instructions you need.
>
> [0] http://www.pacificstandardbrooklyn.com/

Thanks. I think I can manage it, and it's nice of you to help me out.

> > As for identification, would the attendees accept State Identification
> > cards (issued by the same authority which issues Driving Licenses) as
> > valid identity documents? I'd rather bring that along, than lug along
> > with me some of my more precious ones...
>
> Yes, the state ID cards are fine.  A lot of people bring passports if
> it's convenient, but it's not "required".

I appreciate that. As you rightly guess, I am wary of carrying my
passport around too much, which is why I wish to use my Texas state
ID. Good to know that people will accept that as identification.

> > Thanks, and look forward to seeing you all! (I hope it's not today or
> > tomorrow, but on one of the following weekends).
>
> Great!  We look forward to seeing you, too.  Do come by and introduce
> yourself...

Great! Hope to have a fun time, meeting you all!

Thanks again.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah