Re: [Debian-NYC] GPG keysigning party on Friday's get-together

Hi Pablo--

On 05/09/2009 05:38 PM, Pablo Duboue wrote:
> Regarding the signing of keys, which keyservers you guys use? I'm not
> finding most of you in pgp.mit.edu so I must be doing something wrong.

In my experience, pgp.mit.edu is laggy on the synchronization and
lacking in features.  I recommend using one of the popular SKS-based
pools (either keys.gnupg.net or pool.sks-keyservers.net).

if you prefer to use a local keyserver, i'm one of the admins for
zimmermann.mayfirst.org (an SKS keyserver, and a member of both of the
aforementioned pools, i believe), which also serves keyserver requests
over TLS, if you prefer to avoid leaking your keyserver traffic in the
clear.  HKPS (keyserver-over-TLS) is not particularly well-formulated
yet, though, so if you want to go that route, there's a bit of manual
tweaking needed.  Micah Anderson (on this list) is probably a good
resource for that.

	--dkg