[Debian-NYC] setting digest algorithms with caff [was: Re: GPG keysigning party on Friday's get-together]

On 05/08/2009 05:40 PM, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> I've written this email before, and every time I write it I'm more
> convinced that caff is the *only* tool that should be used for key
> signing.

While i tend to agree with jamie that caff is the way to go, i was
disturbed to realize this morning that caff does not take my
cert-digest-algo preferences into account, and makes certifications over
SHA-1 instead.  I've filed a bug about this:

  http://bugs.debian.org/527944

In the meantime, before you use caff to sign your keys, please do:

 mkdir -m 0700 -p ~/.caff/gnupghome
 echo cert-digest-algo SHA256 >> ~/.caff/gnupghome/gpg.conf

(or insert your digest algorithm of choice in place of SHA256)

	--dkg