Re: [Debian-NYC] GPG keysigning party on Friday's get-together

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 5:14:55 pm, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > - The "signing-party" Debian package provides very interesting tools
> > for dealing with all of this. You will be interested on caff, that can
> > handle mass signings (for your pocket's pieces of paper). Again, if
> > you find yourself in need for help, let me know off-list.
>
> In fact, caff will make the key signing even better. Its better to use
> it because it will sign the key and then send an email to the user-id on
> the key, encrypted to that user, with the signature. Then if that person
> is able to receive and decrypt that email, they can take that signature
> and upload it to a keyserver themselves. Some people do not like it if
> you upload your signature on their key to a keyserver.

Last key-signing party I participated in, I wasn't happy with the signing-party package/caff... so I hacked together my own script to do things via KMail (unfortunately, the KDE3 version, I don't know whether it works for KMail/KDE4 in sid):

http://samat.org/weblog/20070218-gpg-public-key-signing-post-party-automation-with-kmail.html

In retrospect I'm not sure whether it's actually any easier to use than caff, but I think it requires less setup (that is, if you use KMail for your e-mail).

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x1A1993D3

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.
-- George MacDonald (372)