[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [Debian-NYC] DebConf10 decision process?

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:
> I am hesitant to propose any detailed process for how we should decide, since I
> am one of the people leading the NYC bid and I don't want to have the process
> appear or actually be biased. I'll just say that, if there is going to be only
> one decision meeting, late February would be a good time, and if there are
> multiple meetings, spreading them out through February (and late January if
> necessary) would make sense. This will allow all bids to gather additional bits
> of data, such as the price specifics the NYC bid is currently gathering and the
> MIT faculty sponsor the Boston bid is working on.

This timeline sounds okay to me. We already have faculty sponsors at
MIT, but we're just waiting to get some cost & logistics estimates
from conference services (everyone has been on winter break).
It's probably a good thing that the 3(?) bids are all in similar time
zones, as scheduling meetings should be simple.
DebianNYC mailing list

Reply to: