Re: [Debian-NYC] [VAC] New York, NY, US, Dec. 1-5; interest in meeting?

* Aaron M. Ucko (ucko@debian.org) wrote:
> "Brian Gupta" <brian.gupta@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Cool, my kids are 5 and 3. You should take them to the Children's
> > Museum, I think they will really like it at their age. (My kids do)
>
> Thanks for the tip; we're planning to check it out during the day
> Thursday (accompanied by an aunt who lives in the neighborhood).
>
> > more of a Debian fan boy - My current involvement is mostly working
> > with Jimmy to do legwork for a NYC/USA DebConf10 bid).
>
> Good luck with that; I'm all in favor of a location that wouldn't be a
> nuisance for me to get to (from DC), though I still can't promise I'd
> be able to attend.
>
> > If you want to try and get together, I am open to getting together
> > pretty much any time except tomorrow night and Thursday morning. (My
>
> That leaves Thursday evening as the only time for a dinner meeting
> that everybody who's replied seems likely to be able to make, so let's
> go for it.
>
> > Where abouts are you guys hanging out this week? (e.g - Manhattan
> > Brooklyn, etc.)
>
> We're staying in Manhattan (specifically, Chelsea), so we'd prefer to
> meet somewhere in the general vicinity, but could arrange to make it
> elsewhere (though we're not thrilled about the idea of heading away
> from the center of the city in rush hour).

I work in Chelsea so that works for me too. There's a fairly good
chinese place at the corner of 9th ave. and 23 (or 24?) called Grand
Sichuan but I don't know what people's dietary restrictions are. (I
can eat most anything not nailed down).

--
Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com