Re: [Debian-NYC] Follow up on DebConf10 planning.

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@eds.org> wrote:

On Sep 6, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 02:44:43AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
Is there anything I can do right now? (My understanding is that you are
waiting to here back from a couple of people regarding venue availability).

On Thursday, Hans-Christoph Steiner sent some emails to the relevant people at
Poly to investigate the situation. Apparently he is actually an adjunct faculty
member there, so that should help our chances. Hopefully they'll respond in a
small number of weekdays, and if not we will follow up with them. That's really
the next step. If you or others have available time that you want to spend on
DebConf10 planning before we hear from Poly, investigating alternative venue
possibilities would be useful in case Poly falls through. Thanks for being actively interested in helping out; that's a sine qua non for this to happen.

So I've organized a bunch of events like this at Poly, so I think it is very likely that we can do it there.  Now that this effort is gathering steam, I just sent the official ask.

Thanks for doing this Hans!

One question, there will be alot of tasks/assignments to track, do we want to look at some sort of issue tracker or wiki for project planning?

Thanks,
-Brian

P.S. - Would it make sense at this point to start reaching out to other user groups to see if we can recruit some more volunteers? (I am a member of NYLUG, UNIGROUP, nycbug, and a number of other user groups.) If so I am willing to lead this up. Also we should probably ask for volunteers @ http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=212

.hc

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler

--
- Brian Gupta

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/nycosug/

http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/OpenSolaris_New_User_FAQ