Re: [Debian-NYC] Follow up on DebConf10 planning.

On Sep 6, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 02:44:43AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
>> Is there anything I can do right now? (My understanding is that
>> you are
>> waiting to here back from a couple of people regarding venue
>> availability).
>
> On Thursday, Hans-Christoph Steiner sent some emails to the
> relevant people at
> Poly to investigate the situation. Apparently he is actually an
> adjunct faculty
> member there, so that should help our chances. Hopefully they'll
> respond in a
> small number of weekdays, and if not we will follow up with them.
> That's really
> the next step. If you or others have available time that you want
> to spend on
> DebConf10 planning before we hear from Poly, investigating
> alternative venue
> possibilities would be useful in case Poly falls through. Thanks
> for being actively interested in helping out; that's a sine qua non
> for this to happen.

So I've organized a bunch of events like this at Poly, so I think it
is very likely that we can do it there.  Now that this effort is
gathering steam, I just sent the official ask.

.hc

> - Jimmy Kaplowitz
> jimmy@debian.org

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler