Re: [Debian-NYC] Debconf 10 - NYC bid [video]

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 08:05:38PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> I guess the two biggest issues are venue and lodging, no? One
> question, have the debconf10 dates been finalized and is there
> flexibility in the dates? If we make sure that it is in the summer
> (like this year), a university setting may be very doable.
>
> Also is there a fixed number of attendees? (eg: We need to find
> lodging for 100 people.)

The dates are typically dependent on the bid.

As for attendees:

2004: 150
2005: 300
2006: 310
2007: 400
2008: around 210

I would expect 2009 to exceed 400 again, and, unless I underestimate
anti-American sentiments, for a NYC DebConf to do so as well, provided
it is not scheduled for August.