Re: Report from FSCONS 2015

On 2015-11-23 21:56, Per Andersson wrote:
> Several people also asked for stickers, t-shirts, and other
> merchandise. This is something that would be very
> popular. (I'll try to at least get some stickers printed.)
How about funding Debian activities for awareness & expansion through
merch? Simple business model and can lay foundation for viable strategy
of other gifts to Nordic communities.
> There were also a discussion about hosting a mini-debconf
> somewhere in the nordic countries. This would be very cool.
> Does anyone have ideas on where to host a nordic
> mini-debconf?
> --
> Per
Would be very nice! I don't know if there are regular meetup Debian
groups around Nordic but travel-wise I guess a place like Karlstad in
western Sweden could be an interesting place? I have a contact in public
sector there mentioning someting like ICT costs are 90% system updates &
maintenance and 10% development of services. Debian and Free Software
could flip that around.

Karlstad is small enough to make some fuss in community & local media.
Big enough for travel connections and cheap travel from Sthlm,
Gothenburg, Oslo.

/OpenLifeChallenge