Re: Anybody from India attending DebConf18?

at bottom :-

On 14/06/2018, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2018 at 08:08, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>>snip<
>> anybody know ?
>>
>> Legalisation fees per document (Normal)         Rs. 900/-
>
> Wow!
> In that case it's better to get USA or Japan visa.
> If a Indian citizen holds valid USA/Japan visa, he can apply for
> Taiwan e-Visa online =
> https://www.indiatoday.in/travel/destinations/story/taiwan-visa-taipei-sun-moon-lake-kenting-national-park-travel-lifetr-340810-2016-09-13
>

>> just a cursory look at the number of documents seem to be crossing 7
>> and I'm not counting (for instance) each ITR return as a single
>> document . By the simple calculation, it would cost around INR 6300,
>
> Japan visa barely costs around 1300 INR =
> http://www.vfsglobal.com/Japan/India/Mumbai/temporary-visitor-visa-for-sightseeing.html
>
> Regards,
> Amey.
>
>> more than twice the amount for getting the visa in the first place.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea ?
>>
>> --
>>           Regards,
>>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>> EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

Dear Amey,

True, for many people it may be a new experience, at the same time
trying to get a visa for either of the two countries mentioned above
in would be that much more trying. It would have much more sense if
I/we actually wanted to go to the U.S. or/and Japan . It would seem as
a hassle and a device for deceiving to have visas of the countries you
are not going to visit through.  In other words, it simply doesn't
make much of a sense unless you are visiting either of the two places
before visiting Taiwan Debconf or just after.