Re: [ILUG-BOM] [PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

at bottom :-

On 07/08/2018, Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 08:19:49AM +0530, Rigved Rakshit wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for submitting the bid for DebConf in India.
>>
>> If we are thinking of IIT Mumbai as a venue for DebConf 20, then we need
>> make sure that IIT Mumbai gives us solid WiFi and mobile carrier signals
>> in
>> the campus. During the Mini-DebConf there, we had big issues with
>> internet
>> connectivity. This is something which we can easily fix with help of
>> current students.
>
> As someone who works in IIT Bombay and a member of Debian, I can make
> this happen. We have quite a big operation in IITB with regard to FOSS
> push, and Debian is one of our major work items.
>
>> We have good volunteer numbers in Pune and Mumbai combined, for on the
>> ground support before the event (if it does happen). Also, Mumbai has
>> many
>> hotels to accommodate a large contingent and the IIT campus is large
>> enough
>> to accommodate multiple parallel tracks. Plus, we have many good
>> sightseeing places nearby the city.
>
> Indeed. I'll be happy to facilitate and participate.
>
> Kumar
> --
> Kumar Appaiah

We would be counting on you Kumar as well as people from IIT-B, people
from Mumbai LUG for your co-operation in making this a reality but
first we would need to do whole lot of  minidebconfs to increase the
bench-strength and making people more aware about Debian  and free
software practices.