Re: Debconf 20/21 in India

नमस्ते,

On 4 August 2018 at 13:03, rajudev <rajudev@disroot.org> wrote:

> On 4 अगस्त 2018 3:21:07 pm GMT+08:00, Siji Sunny <sijisunny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello.

Pune is definitely a good strategic city.
Close to Asia's 1 of the busiest airport i.e. Mumbai & accessible from
Bangalore,Hyderabad,Cochin & other metro cities by several mode of
transportations.

I have a wild guess that University of Pune aka Savitribai Phule
university can help to host DebConf.

I have attended Cent OS DOJO event in University Of Pune's campus few
years back arranged by Pune Linux User Group.

University Of Pune has many dormitories.
Date just need to be when its holiday time for university students I guess. :-)

Fantastic = https://gemmei.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2018/DebConf18/2018-08-04/debconf20-in-your-city.webm

> I presented the bid and answered question's.

Thanks Raju for the awesome presentation.

> Kartik Mistry was in attendance from the Debian India Community there at DebConf.
>
> This was the early bid.
> Bidding does not mean that we have to do it.
> It means expression of interest in doing so.
> We have made an early bid trying to create Interest about a DebConf in India for 2020/21
>
> The other bids that happened are
> Portugal
> Israel
> Slovakia

Israel & Slovakia bids were there last year too =
https://saimei.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2017/debconf17/debconf-19-in-your-city.vp8.webm

> DC19 is going to happen in Curitiba, Brazil
> We will have to make a formal bid again next year at DC19

I hope DD's aka Debian Developers from India are traveling to Brazil
next year for DebConf19 :-)

Regards,
Amey.